Measuring 205 x 185 mm, Brian is a bee originally designed for the EGA as an online workshop. It was designed to include signature techniques like needle lace and loom weaving patterns modified for embroidery, along with 3-dimensional beadwork flowers. Suitable for experienced embroiderers, like all of Hazel’s projects, it is diverse and interesting and if you find the stitches and techniques challenging, read about our online dictionary at the bottom of the page, or click here to find out more.
Using DMC stranded and Perle thread, Presencia metallic and perle threads and Miyuki beads, this project features a large variety of stitches and techniques as under:
- Embroidery: 15 stitches/variations
- 3-Dimensional Bead Embroidery: 2 flowers and 2 leaves
- Needle Lace: 9 variations
- Needle Weaving: 1 pattern
Contents of Kit
Pattern and Print
- Full instructions, diagrams, stitch guide and colour images of the original work
- The line drawing of the design screen-printed onto Natural coloured 45/55 cotton/linen blend fabric
- The ink is indelible
- The finished size of the design is 205 x 185 mm
Thread and Special Threads Packs
- 5 skeins of DMC stranded cotton: 612, 613, 3781, 3789, Ecru
- 5 bobbins DMC perle#12 thread: Ecru
- 8 bobbins Finca perle#12 thread: 8060, 8069, 8080, 8327
- 1 bobbin Madeira metallic #40: 424
- 2 bobbins Superlon beading thread: cream, olive
Miyuki Bead Pack
- 8 packs size 15⁰ beads: 459, 645, 1631, 2006
- 1 pack size 11⁰ beads: 577
- 2 packs size 11⁰ Delica beads: 109
- 1 x size 7 embroidery needle
- 2 x size 10 embroidery needles
- 2 x size 9 quilting needles
- 2 x size 10 quilting needles
- 2 x size 26 tapestry needles
- 2 x size 11 bead embroidery needles
- 1 x chenille needle
Dictionary of Stitches and Techniques
In this dictionary you will find video clips of all the stitches and techniques used in this design. Along with each video clip on the tuition page there is a downloadable and printable document that gives you step-by-step written instructions with illustrations. Click here to read more about it.
When you order this dictionary, our website will email you the access document to the private domain where you will find this dictionary. If you order it with the full kit, your kit will be shipped to you but the access document will still arrive by email. This is because you will need to click on the link provided in the document which will take you to the tuition page. Which you can do manually but, when you get there, you will be asked for a password and that’s not so easy to type in. I’ve had lots of fun making up the passwords and you will need to copy and paste them into the little box that asks for the password. It will be all but impossible to do it any other way.
The website will also email a template document. On this document are all the templates that were used in the stitching of the techniques and stitches in the video clips. You will be able to print the document and trace the templates onto a doodle cloth using a light box, or whatever method you prefer.
The intention of this video dictionary is to provide you with as much instruction as is possible, without physically being in the same room as you and teaching you in person.