Originally worked up for the 2021 Canadian Magical Mystery Tour seminar, this 2-lesson workshop is now generally available for anyone who would like to do it. It is a small project that includes the concept of using needle lace as an embroidery technique as well as an interesting way to make a biscornu.
This workshop includes a full kit with everything you need, in sufficient quantities, to complete the project.
Once we receive your order we will ship the full kit to you. Shipping costs will depend on where you are in the world. At the same time, we will email you the access details to the private domain so that when you receive the kit, you will be able to work through the 2 lessons at your leisure. There is no time frame set for this workshop. You can access the lessons whenever you want to and for as long as you need to.
Contents of Kit
Pattern and Print
- Full instructions, diagrams, stitch guide and colour images of the original work
- The line drawing of the design screen-printed onto Natural coloured 45/55 cotton/linen blend fabric
- The ink is indelible
- 10 grams of polyester stuffing
- The finished size of the biscornu is approximately 60 x 60 mm
Thread and Special Threads Packs
- 2 skeins of DMC stranded cotton: Ecru, 3782
- 1 bobbin DMC Special Dentelles #80: Ecru
- 1 metre Di van Niekerk hand painted silk ribbon
Miyuki Bead Pack
- 1 pack size 15⁰ beads: 2442
- 1 pack size 11⁰ beads: 577
- 1 x size 9 embroidery needle
- 1 x size 26 tapestry needles
- 1 x size 11 bead embroidery needle